
So, it's official, I have now signed up for the 2006 Philadelphia Race for Hope. It is a 5K (run/walk) sponsored by the National Brain Tumor Foundation. This will be the first year for a Philadelphia event and I plan on actually RUNNING in it!
My very dear friend, Michelle, introduced me to this same event in DC. David and I went down for an overnight visit and walked the 5K with Michelle and her boyfriend, Alain. After seeing how awesome this event is, I decided that I wanted to be part of an event in my own stomping grounds.
I'm sure you recall that I have walked in and fundraised for long distance--60 miles--walks with Michelle (we've participated in the Breast Cancer 3-Days quite a few times).
Considering that surgery left me with the worst set of dizzy spells, you can imagine that something as simple as walking was a challenge. That's why I'm getting involved in the Race for Hope.
It's going to be held on Sunday, November 5th at the Art Museum. The Race begins at 9:00am and will be a 3.1 course. You can visit my team page by clicking on Erin's Eyerish Eyes. By clicking on a team member's name, you can support their individual fundraising efforts. You can even register as a volunteer here.
No comments:
Post a Comment